Social Action Hubs provide training in the practice and principles of community organising, from one-day introductory courses through to National Qualifications in Community Organising.
For full details on our training courses, please click HERE.
What is a Social Action Hub?
- A single organisation or cluster of organisations working together.
- Dedicated to a local area, community or neighbourhood.
- Accountable to local people.
- Socially responsible with profits used only for social good.
- Committed to igniting social change through community organising.
- Working for a more socially just, caring and cooperative society.
What does a Social Action Hub do?
- Promote the values, principles and methods of community organising.
- Provide quality assured training and education in community organising.
- Use a community organising approach to help people listen, be powerful, and take action.
- Support networks of people who are involved in taking action for change.
- Build relationships locally and nationally.
The concept of a Social Action Hub for us is about building power within local communities in three ways: through personal development – empowering individuals; through campaigning – working on issues; and through organising to gain recognition and become more effective at a strategic level.
Social Action Hubs (in alphabetical order)
- All The Small Things, Stoke-on-Trent
- Barton Hill Settlement, Bristol
- Brighton and Hove Community Land Trust
- Bristol ACORN
- Community First, Wiltshire
- Community Roots CIC, Gloucestershire
- English for Action, Hackney, London
- Grapevine, Coventry and Warwickshire
- Halifax Opportunities Trust
- Heart of Hastings Community Land Trust
- High Trees Community Development Trust, Lambeth, London
- Lincoln City Foundation
- Marsh Farm Outreach, Luton
- Newcastle ACORN
- North Birkenhead Development Trust, Wirral
- Old Chapel Works CIC, Staffordshire
- RotherFed, Rotherham
- Sheffield ACORN
- Sneinton Alchemy CIC, Nottingham
- Starting Point Community Learning Partnership, Stockport
- The Selby Trust, Haringey, London
- The Wharton Trust, Hartlepool
You can find the location of your nearest Social Action Hub through our interactive map.