We will look at how you can make change for good through collective action. You will explore the different types of action you can take, from DIY action to campaigning, explore stories of action and success factors and learn how to develop a strategy for change based on listening, building people power, leadership and picking tactics and methods for action.
Learn about calling people to action through stories and how community organising enables people to lead and support action which makes them feel powerful together.
During this course you will
– explore what motivates people to take action in their community
– explore the purpose of action in community organising and different types of organised action
– learn to develop a power map and a strategy for action
– develop your confidence in leading collective action
– learn the importance of reflecting on action
The course also provides a reminder of the basics of community organising, which are covered in our Introduction to Community Organising course. If you haven’t been on our Introduction course, we would encourage you to do this before signing up to the Action course.
The course lasts for 7 1/2 hours, split over 3 days, to receive a certificate for this training you must attend all sessions.