Community organisers reach out and listen to people, then connect and motivate them to build their collective power.
In this course, you will start to explore how people come together so that they can understand and take action on their concerns to build community and overcome social injustice.
You will learn about:
– what community organising is
– the importance of listening to build relationships and explore issues
– power in communities and why it matters
– what motivates people to act
– how to take your next steps in community organising
The course lasts for six hours and usually runs in one day, but we have split this over two sessions. Like all of our training, it is both active and thought-provoking. It is designed so that everybody can take part and share their ideas and experiences
This course is Quality Assured – to receive a certificate both sessions must be attended.