Together with the ‘Community Action Response’ partners, Community Organisers is calling for everyone to take steps that will help communities cope when the worst impacts of the virus hit.
We are encouraging people to come together, as safely as possible, to maintain community strength, and support the those around us who need help.
Community Action Response – five things you can do:
- Think of others, consider your actions & be kind: People in every community will face the challenges of Covid-19 in some way – from needing basic provisions to help while they are unwell.
- Connect and reach out to your neighbours: as self-isolation increases, we need to find new ways to stay connected and check in on one another for our physical and mental wellbeing. Share phone numbers and stay in touch.
- Make the most of local online groups: Keep up to date, share information and be a positive part of your local community conversations using platforms like Nextdoor.
- Support vulnerable or isolated people: different groups in our communities are at increased risk and social isolation and loneliness are key concerns for all ages. There are things you can do like volunteering for local support services or donating to food banks to help.
- Share accurate information and advice: Support anyone who may be anxious about Covid-19. Sign post them to the correct advice from Public Health England and encourage people to follow the correct hygiene practices.
You can Download the Community Action Response free poster, and pop it up around your community, or share these social media graphics, to let others know that their actions matter.
For more information on the Community Action Response, please visit the Eden Project Communities website HERE.