Taking this course will help you to develop your understanding of what community organising is, how we do community organising and why we do it. You will look at some of the thinking and history behind community organising, and gain support to develop your knowledge and skills.
Is this course right for me?
Community Organising: Principles and Practice is for people aged 14 and over who want to improve on what they already know about community organising and apply knowledge to their practice. The course is for people who enjoy learning and who want a mix of theory, reflection and skills. It is aimed at those who are already working towards a stronger community or working for justice. This might include people who:
- are active in groups in their own community
- work with people and communities in different sectors (e.g. health, local authority, education)
- do community work
- have a job that needs them to learn community organising
- already have practical experience and want formal recognition
If you aren’t sure whether or not this is the right course for you, please get in touch with us for a chat (see below for how to contact us). We will be happy to help.
What will I get out of doing the course?
- You will understand the ‘principles and practices’ of community organising (what community organising is, how we do community organising, and why we do it).
- You will learn about the important ideas and thinking behind community organising and how community organising started.
- You will learn about the different places and situations where community organising happens, and the reasons why it might happen.
- You will improve your community organising skills in listening, reaching out, connecting people and motivating people to action.
- You will have the opportunity to achieve an Award in Community Organising (a nationally recognised Qualification).
- After doing this course you may decide to progress to similar or higher-level Qualifications that interest you, including the Certa Level 2/3 Certificate in Community Organising.
Loved discussions and reflective cycles
Where can I do the course?
A number of Social Action Hubs are planning to run the course. We can also run the course as an in-house course within your organisation or workplace although there is likely to be a cost.
I am interested, how can I find out more?
If you would like to know more about what the Certa Level 2/3 Award in Community Organising involves, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.