Listening Skills for Community Organising
On this course you will develop an understanding of why listening is essential in community organising and you will develop practical listening skills and a listening campaign plan
Part 1: Thursday 23rd November 2023 – 9.30am to 1pm
Part 2: Friday 24th November 2023 – 9.30am to 1pm
Listening to people is the foundation of community organising because it builds trust and relationships, uncovers issues and is an essential starting point for bringing people together to share stories, ideas and action. On this course, you will gain an understanding of why listening is important in community organising and you will develop practical listening skills and tactics and plan a listening campaign.
You will learn about:
- ‘relational’ listening and its importance in community organising
- how to plan a listening campaign to kick-start your organising work
- practical listening tools you can use to engage people, build relationships and find leaders
- how asking powerful questions helps people to tell their stories
- how community organisers reflect to improve their work
The course lasts for seven hours split over two sessions, and will be delivered using Zoom. To receive a certificate for this course learners must attend both sessions.
To book a place on the course please use the booking button above which will take you to our eventbrite page, or alternatively please contact email@example.com