You will learn about:
- ‘relational’ listening and its importance in community organising
- how to plan a listening campaign to kick-start your organising work
- practical listening tools you can use to engage people, build relationships and find leaders
- how asking powerful questions helps people to tell their stories
- how community organisers reflect to improve their work
The course also provides a reminder of the basics of community organising, which are covered in our Introduction to Community Organising course. If you haven’t been on our Introduction course, we would encourage you to do this before signing up to our Listening course.
The listening exercise made me reflect on how I have been listening to others and sometimes not hearing them.
The course lasts for 7.25 hours and usually runs in one day but can be split across two days. Like all of our training, it is inspiring and interactive. It is designed so that everybody can take part and share their ideas and experiences and practice their skills.
Providing high quality and enjoyable learning experiences is very important to us. Our trainers are quality assured and experienced in community organising. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.