As costs increase, the millions of people living on low incomes are going to further feel the squeeze on their household budgets.
The Cost of Living Alliance aims to:
- Build an evidence base of what is happening across the UK.
- Define clear areas where changes by government and power holders could make the most change to grassroots communities.
- Decide on how we can use our collective influence to call for change.
What will we do?
Our first objective for the first phase of our campaign is to focus on the energy crisis and rising energy costs, especially in light of the price rises that have just taken place.
To support this objective we will:
- Challenge the October price rise (target MPs and power holders and collaborate to identify solutions that will help individuals, families and communities to build resilience to cope with further price increases)
- Raise awareness of and signpost to relevant energy advice, support and resources to help people access support more easily
- Communicate the impact of energy price rises on children, families and communities as part of broader campaign on the cost of living
What can you do?
- join our #stopthepricerise campaign by using the hashtag in your communications and/or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to join our campaign
- Share your stories and data to explain the impact of the Cost of Living Crisis. Please submit your stories and evidence here
- Write to your MP and Local Council and / or other power-holders to ask them to join your organisation in taking action to address the impact of the Cost of Living crisis